? For Slowmedown

lovemosaicsNovember 7, 2008

I wasn't able to find a drawer...and your Primitive and Red

really called out to me! So my son made me a drawer, he is so sweet! anyway....you used the back right? did you close up the opening on the other side?

I've been so busy with the Hospice fundraiser, I haven't been able to actually work at all. But that piece is calling to me big time! I hope you are ok with me doing

something similar. Wanted to ask before I got into it.

I'd love for that to be my first piece after so long!

I've been collecting this last week.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Well I'll be. You were SERIOUS when you said you were inspired to mosaic a drawer. Bless you. I'm flatered beyond description when someone wants to copy my ideas. Yes, I used the back, and no, I didn't close the back. Just hung heavy-duty hangers at the top where the back joines the sides. The are a little above so they show. I get the heavy-duty hangers at Walmart. If you could visit a Habitat for Humanity, betcha could find some drawers. I'm in mosaic withdrawals, but I have the quilt top done. Gotta go to HobLob for fabric for the border and batting today. Don't like the quilting part, but love the piecing - sorta like a cloth mosaic is what I do in quilting now, rather than making so many blocks of the same. Sooooooo anxious to see your project. Huuuuuuuuuury.

Bookmark   November 7, 2008 at 8:48AM
lovemosaics

So Glad you are ok with it. I have collected a few crosses,
and I should be able to pick up the drawer from my son tomorrow. Not sure when I can actually start on it, but I'm sure antsy to cut some glass! I move a lot slower these days, so getting settled back in here, has taken forever.

You even quilt? I sure hope you are going to share the pics
of it.

Bookmark   November 8, 2008 at 12:09PM
texaswild

Well, get on w/it. I'm anxious to see your rendition of the cross drawer. Quilting was my addiction b/f mosaics. I'll probably share the one I'm making now on the conversation side. It's a cloth mosaic - very irregular quilt - sorta outta the realm of traditional quilting. Keep us posted w/your progress. Hope you start it today. I'm sooooooooo in withdrawals.

Bookmark   November 9, 2008 at 8:10AM
More Discussions
What sort of grout for a birdbath?
I've mosaiced lots of stuff that lives outside but...
1wanderer
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™