Clopay entry doors

_johnyNovember 7, 2011

I am looking to replay my entry door and have received several quotes (including one from a retail shop). I originally wanted ProVia but I couldn't find prices online so when I got my first quote of $4500 (heritage fiberglass entry door w/fan lite, full side lite) it was a little more than I was expecting (though the $11k Longfence quoted for the exact same door was jaw dropping).

Anywho, another company carried both ProVia and Clopay (known for their garage doors) but I couldn't find much info on Clopay entry doors. According to the rep who came out, Clopay bought out an entry door manufacturer to enter the entry door market. The rep compared Clopay with Therma-Tru and recommended the ProVia but it's about a $1100 price difference.

Anyone have experience with Clopay entry doors? Know their history?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
windowsonwashington

I have used their garage doors with success but I don't have any experience with their entry doors.

They produce a solid garage door so that would lead me to believe that they can make a solid entry door but I would not base a decision on that empirical data on their garage doors.

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 8:06AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
_johny

Yeah, almost everything online points to their garage doors except for a press release by the company saying they've started a line of entry doors.

The company seems well respected but still can't get an idea on their relatively new product.

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 9:59AM
More Discussions
Need Help with new window brands
We are early in the new home construction process (finalizing...
mmdoh
Sliding Glass Door Brand Recommendations
Thank you for your help here a week or so ago, when...
Carrie B
wood window restoring in Nova
I live in a cedar home with big wood casement windows....
mommyshanti
Looking for recomendations re: replacing sliding patio doors in MN
As the title says, I'm researching replacement our...
billpw
Best garden window?
I am remodeling our galley kitchen. It's small and...
shadey
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™