Minwax Wood Filler Hardner

ltsuthOctober 29, 2009

My hardner has gone bad; burst tube and dried out. Can I get just the hardner or reconstitute the old somehow?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The hardener is benzoyl peroxide.

The same stuff as Bondo for car repairs.

You might find some extra hardener available at a body shop supply house, or just purchase another can of filler and use the new tube.

There is more than enough in each tube for the contents of the can if used carefully.

    Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 2:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Yes, you can buy new hardener. I saw some at Lowe's last week. A large tube was about $5.

    Bookmark   November 1, 2009 at 10:18PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Fence construction & what to use for finish
My fence is coming along nicely! Started last fall...
Anyone have experience with Charles Neil's Preconditioner?
I just ordered it and am wondering if anyone has used...
Varnish cracking and brittle on table with Inlay work
The varnish or poly is looking so bad I want to redo...
Refinishing bedroom furniture
Hi everyone! Need advise please. We refinished a computer...
protecting black walnut salt and pepper mill
Hi all, Just got a set of gorgeous discontinued William...
Sponsored Products
Chrome Square Twin Concealed Thermostatic Shower Faucet Valve 1 Outlet
Hudson Reed
Chartreuse and Olive Gray Polyester Filled 18 x 18 Pillow
$49.80 | Bellacor
Set of Four Custom Mini Pupcakes
$15.50 | FRONTGATE
Greenington | Currant End Table
Polished Chrome Whitehaus WHKPFSLV3-9000 Retractable Kitchen Pot Filler
$359.00 | Blue Bath
RONBOW Bella 31" Vanity Integrated - Dark Cherry
Modern Bathroom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™