Okna Enviro-Star or Intergrity Ultrex

cbg640November 25, 2012

I am building a new house and trying to decide between the Okna Enviro-Star triple pane or the Integrity Ultrex double pane. The specification on the Okna windows are much better and on average the Ultrex is $140 more for each window. I guess my only concern is if the Okna vinyl will hold the specification five or ten years down the road.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Windows on Washington

There is no reason not to expect that they Okna EnviroStar will not hold up perfectly for a very long time.

All windows air infiltration rates will somewhat lessen over time. If a window is well built and engineered, that delta should not be that big a spread and the window should maintain much of its tightness.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 8:02AM
HomeSealed

+1. The Okna is one of the top performing windows that you will find in any material, and is a stellar example of how a well-made vinyl window should look and perform. I really like the Marvin line of products, however the all-ultrex integrity is a downgrade in this case IMHO. If you are looking at a real wood interior, the wood/ultrex integrity is a very nice choice, however there is really no advantage whatsoever the the all-ultrex has over a premium vinyl choice.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 10:00AM
cbg640

OK thank you the Okna deal seemed so much better I thought I was missing something.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 8:28PM
toddinmn

Although not scientific and opinion only, the all Ultrex Marvin a little on the ugly side.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 8:59PM
More Discussions
please help with choice of replacement window
hello everyone....I need some help deciding on which...
balboa64
Window in a shower?
We are planning a remodel of our second floor master...
numbersjunkie
Is this too much to pay?
My mom has two sets of French doors she needs to have...
joaniben
Fiberglass Windows from Hardie????
We need to replace 3 windows in our family room. ...
dancingqueengw
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™