Soft-lite windows for new construction - help educate me please.

lexmomof3November 13, 2012

I'm seriously considering Soft-lite windows for a new build. There is only one dealer in the area but they don't do a lot of these windows so I don't find them incredibly helpful. They don't even have a display but they're trying to get one along with the sample colors. I know most wouldn't recommend a company with so little experience with the brand but I don't have a lot of other options on good quality vinyl windows and they have a variety of colors that other vinyl products don't offer. Most builders are using MW, MI or silver line windows, even in $600k+ houses. My builder is fine with using the windows I choose but I need to educate myself on the product line and I'm hoping someone can just help me narrow it down by telling me which ones are for new construction, and of those, which ones do you recommend. I'm in SC if that makes a difference. Thank you so much for the help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Windows on Washington Ltd

Don't quote me on this but I think every model inside the Soft-lite brand can be equip for a new construction application with the proper nailing flange accessory.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 8:36PM
lexmomof3

Thanks wow. I wish my local dealer was helpful but this just isn't a high selling brand for them. I'm really kind of surprised because it seems to adequately fill the need for those that want a particular color and a value priced, good quality window.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 9:55PM
lexmomof3

I did get confirmation that all models can be used in new construction with the proper nailing flange accessory like wow said. Any opinions on which model is the better value? I'm in SC and will have plantation shutters on the inside of almost all windows so the frames won't be very visible from the inside. I do want a good looking (as good as a vinyl window can be)exterior frame. These will be going on a traditional brick house - new construction. I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 3:25PM
HomeSealed

The Imperial LS and Elements are SL's top offerings and would be very good choices. The Imperial Pro is a step down, but offer good performance with a little bit more glass area, as does the Bainbridge.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 4:35PM
More Discussions
Need to keep sun out of old Anderson bay window
This may well be the wrong place and I apologize. ...
quimoi
Scherer Bros Windows Rotting
We have just learned our bottom window sashes are badly...
talkingtony
incorporating old leaded glass in new casement windows
We own a home with large leaded glass windows (21)...
prospect
Any opinions on Hurd H3?
I know Hurd is not well-regarded here on GW but the...
song_ca
Marvin Ultimate Clad Double Hung SDL - With or Without Spacer Bar
I am looking to buy the Double Hung, Marvin Ultimate...
cdrigans
Sponsored Products
Camberly Sea Bedskirt - Queen
$675.00 | FRONTGATE
ElumX 15 in. Fluorescent Under Cabinet Light with Touch Less Sensor UFH-15
$24.97 | Home Depot
American Drew Tribecca Rectangular Leg Table - 912-760
$840.00 | Hayneedle
PLC Lighting Track Lighting 1-Light Track Light Fixture White CLI-HDTR40WH
$40.00 | Home Depot
Montana Woodworks Futon Frame w/ Mattress in Glacier Country
Beyond Stores