Is it possible to update pleated sheers with trim or something?

fripperAugust 8, 2012

I'm still in a quandary about window treatments for our casual little dining room, which opens to both the kitchen and living room. Walls are soft yellow and the only ready-made panels I can find that look decent with yellow walls are blue. (Green seems to bring out a green hue in the wall color.) However, my kitchen floor, which can be seen from the dining room, is a darkish green porcelain tile. Just remembered I have two pair of perfectly good custom-made white semi-sheer draperies in storage. Pulled them out and sorta draped one on side of the window, but it's soooooo plain with the yellow walls -- no 'punch' at all! Was wondering if anyone had ever added a trim, fringe, or something to semi-sheers to perk 'em up a little. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Betsy418

I recently lengthened some sheers for a bedroom. I stitched 14" of fabric to the top and added a piece of decorative trim over the seam. Then I hung them with clip rings. Not sure you can use this idea if you want to keep your pleats. Otherwise, you could snip the pleats open and sew your fabric over that part. In the MBR, I did the same treatment but put the contrasting fabric at the bottom (no trim added). There's a 4" hem at the top and bottom so I can hang them upside down if I'd rather.

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 6:22PM
More Discussions
Office Desks - Coordinating Styles
Hello all, I'm working on my home office, and I'm excited...
jan_in_wisconsin
Chair Chairs Chairs Question for Holly-Kay
Holly-Kay, You suggested ladder back chairs for my...
Javachik
Garden Web now part of houzz
The message has been posted see the link. "Last...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
BM Kendall Charcoal - what color undertone?
Can anyone please solve this mystery for me. Is it...
misformink
Replace fan/light combo with light?
I have a Broan fan/light combo in my laundry room....
misformink
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™