What's proper wire to run in exterior conduit?

stash-hdyMay 20, 2010

If you run grey conduit outside what type wire needs to be used to meet code for lights and a fan?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Single THWN wires commonly known as THHN/THWN. Have to buy separate colors, green, white, and black or other colors for additional hot conductors. You could use UF cable (the gray romex like cable that is rated for underground) but it is only allowed in short lengths of conduit for physical protection.

    Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 6:25PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Need help with a rocker switch
I need to replace it in our SunHeat radiant room heater....
Need help Replacing old dimmer that used only 2 wires in a three way
I need advice as to which wire to connect to which...
Multiple Fluorescent Ballasts in one light fixture
Hello GardenWeb. I'm not new here, but couldn't log...
Lights Flickering...
We paid an electrician to put in a ceiling light in...
Crawl Space Junction Boxes: inspection and capping
Hello. I'm in the process of crawl space improvement....
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™