Cross plaque w/ exchange tess DONE!
Finally finished, basically. This was taken in natural daylight at sunset. Kinda pretty, huh?
The grout really does look green here, so I guess it really is. I put antique bronze powder on the cross, then sprayed it with gloss fixative, then sprinkled on more while it was still damp. Here's the cross up close. It actually sparkles more than you can see here:
After I took this I did some picking and scraping to clean up around the cross and make it more crisp.
I screwed the substrate to a piece of plywood in a number of places before I grouted, but it is still more flexible than I'd like, so I plan to use some gorilla glue to adhere it to the plywood really well. And of course I forgot to put a hanger on the plywood before I put the whole thing together, so that remains to be done. Otherwise, I'm glad to call this one done!
I will say this...The whole time I did this, I tried to do it to the glory of God. I hope I succeeded in that.