Pool wiring help
Does anyone know of anywhere on the web that has an illustration of what is necessary for a pool wiring job? I picked up the regs from my town, but they just cover the basics. So far, what I think I need:
20 amp breaker for pump
15 amp breaker for convenience outlet
12/2 (or 12/3?) Romex for each to basement wall
Attach each romex to groups of 12 guage THHN (for both?)in box
Drill through low on wall into 90 degree PVC (how does this attach to house?)
short run of PVC to 18" deep
another 90 degree PVC
long run of PVC in 18" trench to 4x4 pressure treated post 6' from pool
90 degree PVC
short run of PVC up to weather proof outlet box
1) Am I missing anything in the above?
2) The town said that a timer is necessary. Is this just a regular old mechanical timer that plugs into that kind of plug, and then the pump plugs into it?
3) Can a cable TV wire be run in the same conduit?
4) How do I run the wire for the required convenience outlet straight past the pool pump plug and out to the deck? I was thinking that maybe using a "T" connector at the 4 x4 post instead of a 90 degree turn, but how does th fishing of wire work with that "T"?
5) Does it matter what size PVC is used?
I am thinking of running everything and having an electrician come out and connect things to make sure I did it right. Thanks for any help anyone can provide!