A rare GOG from me ! About time ! (long post )

toomuchglassOctober 12, 2010

Heya - remember me ??? !!! I'm still hanging around -- I peek in here now & then . I just sort of migrated to the garden Junk forum - I couldn't keep up with all your beautiful creations. The more I saw - the more I wanted to do - the more I didn't get done - the worse I felt. It's that darn crazy circle. I was really losing interest in my glasswork . I even thought of selling it all . But - I hopped over to garden junk and a whole new creative process took over . It was - and is - a great escape . Like here - the people are wonderful and the funky projects are so much fun !

This past weekend - I hopped into action again with my glass . I even took - progress pictures !

I found a pattern on the web that I fell in love with . It's of horses .I adore them .... so I tweaked it to my liking -- Used an old glass tabletop ---

( you know - the kind on the 3 - legged tables .) and made a GOG mosaic on it.

DH was hunting & I was home alone. Alone with my stained glass and a Box of wine .....LOL ..... (nothing but class here ~ !)

Here's the pics of my project. ---

I cut out the horses and laid them on the glass ....

Added the grass & glued it all down ....

I started the backround ....

It's done except for the grout ......

Here it is in the window - all done.

Bad thing is ...I don't have any windows I can display it in . I just loved it ,so I had to do it .For the time being , it'll be in the attic . *sigh* Oh well ...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nanatricia

Man that turned out great!!!I love it!!

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 9:26PM
loribee2

Wow, that's absolutely beautiful. You're extremely talented. Like you, I pop over to the Garden Junk forum. They are a wonderful group over there, and I love seeing their projects. Glad you found a way to rejuvenate!

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 10:03PM
silvamae

Beautiful!

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 7:12AM
texaswild

Well looky who's back. Welcome to you. I, too, jump over to the junk side now and then, and have seen you post there. Glad to see you again w/your wonderful talent. Beautiful piece. Keep them coming.

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 8:49AM
jenel

That is beautiful! So gorgeous! It's such a shame that you have to store it in the attic. I hope you find a visible place for it soon. :)

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 10:28AM
shrillmtb

That is wonderful!! Is there anywhere outside you could hang/display it? It's way too nice for the attic!!

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 11:12AM
Calamity_J

Way to go! Watch it tho, GOG is addictive!!! sooo much more forgiving than actual stained glass!lol!

Bookmark   October 15, 2010 at 3:55PM
addiesue

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the detail! Nice job!!

Addiesue

Bookmark   October 17, 2010 at 1:03PM
More Discussions
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
bicem
Hi, bicem, you posted a mosaic question on the "conversation"...
silvamae
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™