new construction windows

ldg4511November 25, 2010

I am planning on building a home this spring and am trying to find a quality window. One builder uses superseal vinyl windows. Does anyone have any experience with this window?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skydawggy

Superseal is an OK mid grade window. Not a great performer. I would compare some other brands before going with Superseal.

Bookmark   November 25, 2010 at 11:57AM
ldg4511

I have heard good things about marvin integrity and pella impervia. Are there any vinyl windows that might compare to these? We are looking for double hung window with the possibility of sdls

Bookmark   November 25, 2010 at 1:08PM
millworkman

Integrity by Marvin is a very good window, Anything by Pella not so much. Search this site for other opinions as well.

Bookmark   November 25, 2010 at 7:15PM
ldg4511

Does anyone know about mw/plygem windows? I was just on they're website looking at the pro 300 double hung. It says they have cellular pvc exterior components with vinyl sash's. Is the cellular pvc any better than vinyl?

Bookmark   November 30, 2010 at 9:42PM
jocobe

From a service standpoint, I've had nothing but problems trying to obtain parts for M&W Windows. One job had many pieces of glass on TDL units spontaneously break due to argon leakage. When they sent replacement glass, the LowE was a different color. Just recently tried to replace DH sash, and a direct set half-round. I received a half dozen parts before they got it right. Also, their warranty isn't so great. I would recommend higher end Marvin or Andersen windows. Andersen Woodwrights are very nice!

Bookmark   November 30, 2010 at 10:31PM
skydawggy

If you are looking for vinyl windows, my short list is PGT, Simonton, Softlite, Gorell and Sunrise.

Bookmark   November 30, 2010 at 11:11PM
windowsonwashington

Vinyl - Gorell, Okna, PGT, Simonton, Soft-Lite, and Sunrise is my short list.

Fiberglass - Marvin Infinity/Integrity

Wood - Andersen 400

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 9:39AM
ldg4511

Thank you for the responses. I went out yesterday to two retailers, one who is an okna dealer, the other Marvin Integrity. The Okna salesman had a lot of information to offer about the quality and construction of the window. He was pushing for the 500 series Deluxe package because he said it was the best bang for the buck. They really seemed like a quality window with good thermal ratings. The Marvin Integrety salesman did not have nearly as much information on the window other than it was a really good window because it was Marvin. I think I like the look of the Marvin window better than the okna but the thermal ratings of the okna are better. Now I don't have exact sizes or window count from the architect yet but the Okna dealer said I could expect to pay roughly $330.00 per window and the Marvin salesman said about $350.00 per window. I would have thought the Marvin would have been more. Do these numbers sound right?

Bookmark   December 12, 2010 at 6:10PM
skydawggy

No way that price is correct on the Marvins. Even without installation.

Bookmark   December 12, 2010 at 9:26PM
windowsonwashington

I would also have him check his numbers. The Integrity is measurably cheaper than the Infinity but that seems a bit too cheap in my estimation.

Christmas came early perhaps.

Bookmark   December 12, 2010 at 10:19PM
More Discussions
Deciding between Marvin, Pella, Anderson, and Lincoln
We are adding a small addition to our home, and at...
juddgirl2
Window Decision Time
Hi all, First, let me thank all of you for the information...
Chris
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
happyallison
Best garden window?
I am remodeling our galley kitchen. It's small and...
shadey
Curtain Finials
These finials were purchased a number of years ago...
cw8626
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™