mazelady2006September 4, 2007

We just pulled the paneling off,spackled the wallboard, and painted our den. But it left a gap around the build in shelves. Caulk doesn't look good in that gap so I was thinking about putting 1/4 inch quarterround around the built-in to keep it nice and crisp looking.

But Lowes and Home Depot don't carry 1/4 inch quarterround. Where do I get this? Anybody from the Houston area here?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Your local lumber yard should carry quarter round.

    Bookmark   September 4, 2007 at 9:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If you cannot find a small size you can make it using a router and a table saw.
Round over both edges, groove the edge of the board for each piece, then cut them free.
Repeat as required.

    Bookmark   September 5, 2007 at 9:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Around here, we had a series of big-box-wannabees that had lousy service and went under prior to Lowe's and HD coming in town. Somehow, we always managed to find molding at places before HD and Lowe's -- the little guys are still in business and ready to serve.

    Bookmark   September 6, 2007 at 4:20PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Damage on a Solid Walnut Table
I need to fix some damage from nail polish remover...
Kitchen Island panel made from veneer??
So we just had custom cabinets made for our kitchen...
Anyone have experience with Charles Neil's Preconditioner?
I just ordered it and am wondering if anyone has used...
black lacquer touch-up
how do i touch-up black lacquer furniture? Small areas...
Right size tip-out tray for kitchen sink cabinet
My kitchen sink cabinet is 24" wide. I want to...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™