hurricane impact window comparisons (pgt versus es windows)

jaradoverturfNovember 29, 2013

Hi Everyone,
First and foremost thank you very much for all of the information thus far. Very enlightening. I have done my home work and have gotten quite a few quotes but wanted to get everyone's opinion on the following. We have narrowed it down to 2 different companies, they are essentially coming in at the same price. However one company is quoting ES Windows (7/16" Impact Glass, Stainless Steel Hardware, Screens included). The other company is quoting both PGT for the 3 larger Horizontal Rollers and ECO for the 2 smaller Rollers. Also once again both of those are quoted based on 7/16" Impact Glass, Stainless Steel Hardware & Screen included as well. Each company seems be providing the same service and the same guarantees. My question is mainly how do I decide on the better option. Since I have done everything I can to make sure that I am comparing apples to apples, I am more curious if you guys would suggest going with the combo of (ECO & PGT, both manufactured here in Florida) or (ES windows, which is a company out of Colombia I believe). Being completely open the two companies that I am evaluating currently are Impact Windows & Doors versus Florida Impact. Any assistance in helping me make this confusing decision would be greatly appreciated! Hope that you are all having a very happy Thanksgiving as well! Thanks everyone.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Karateguy

The PGT is a pretty solid offering

Bookmark   December 2, 2013 at 9:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lillianhofstader

I believe that Hurricane windows,provide superior protection during a violent storm. As they are attached to the integral part of the structure of a building,prevents chances of wind entering the building,something like storm shutters. Simultaneously i even let light enter a room.

--------------------------------------------
The hurricane windows fort lauderdale servers great !!

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 6:23AM
More Discussions
Sliding Glass Door Brand Recommendations
Thank you for your help here a week or so ago, when...
Carrie B
Replacement and New Coastal Impact Windows
We are doing major renovation on a waterfront home...
roenie
Softlite Elements windows quote reasonable?
We're in MA. We've been quoted $13,300 for installing...
ppurus
Deciding between Marvin, Pella, Anderson, and Lincoln
We are adding a small addition to our home, and at...
juddgirl2
Deciding between Grand Estates/Amcraft or Okna 500dx, advice?
Both are new construction. The Grand Estates is just...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™