Homeowners Guide To Salesman
Apparently many are commenting on my posts saying I don't know what Im talking about and I'm just spamming. So homeowners here how to tell the BSers from the honest guys
1. never purchase from someone that will negotiate (that will lower there price for no reason to make the sale, most likely it could have gone lower) IE: anderson calling you back saying they have some special after the salesperson left.
2. when the salesperson says lifetime warranty make sure you see a copy of the warranty IE: andersons lifetime warranty is ONLY 20 years glass 2 parts 10 frame.
3. don't let anybody tell you one brand is better, facts will show this. a good company will have a good bbb rating and be in business for a while. (manufacture not the company giving the estimate)
4. you always get what you pay for unless your getting ripped off. make sure what your buying is what you want. ask questions like is this the most engery efficient window?
5. always get 3-4 estimates at most but don't waste their time, if you've gotten one before you can make the other processes much faster most can provide them over the phone.
6. there are 3 types of contractors. 1 type will do the sales and work themselves (they work out of the back of there truck)
this person can do good work and at the lowest price, it will take forever and you will have to work around his schedule. also don't expect it to be warrantied because its not installed by certifications. also don't expect him to come back a month later for his lazy maitnence
2nd guy hires cheap labor to help him or he watches. it's cheap labor...... i don't need to explain more thats the worse to choose from.
3rd guy subs his work to crews he sees fit, they will have a reputation and be payed way more. these guys need to as they are told and they speak english. this is usually sears anderson pella PWS. since these companies charge more they will come out for repairs and maintenance for free. no headaches.
It's like buying a smartphone from verizon vs online. if you buy it online its not warrantied and verizon won't help give you free batteries and replacements. though online you may be able to find it cheaper. this applies to any instore vs interent buying.
email me if you have any detailed questions i can help with.