Treatments for French Doors

ChinneymaeOctober 6, 2012

I am trying to find curtains for my french doors. My dilemna is that my husband doesn't want to filter the light from the doors yet wants the curtains to be able to provide privacy when needed. I do not want the curtain rods to be attached to the outside of the doors and run across both doors. I want them to cover the glass only and attach to each door. They are vinyl doors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This may be a want to have your cake and eat too situation. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brickeyee

"They are vinyl doors."

Depending on what is behind the surface you can usually figure out away to anchor rod hangers to the door.

Short party expanded molly bolts work many times.

Plastic wall anchors not so well (the face is often to thin for any real load, even rods and drapes, maybe sheers and rods).

Sometimes the inside is so 'foamed' it cannot hold much of anything, and then you ed up resorting to various cements (glues) to try and get a bite tat holds over a large enough area on the surface to hold the weight.

Some have some wooden framing inside the door around the perimeter that you can bite into to anchor.

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 10:06AM
angeez

We have roman shades mounted on our wood french doors and love the fact that there is no curtain in the way. Good luck!

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 7:26PM
PRO
Windows on Washington

Who is the manufacturer of the door?

Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 8:11AM
More Discussions
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
lisa_a
Thank you for this forum!!
It is nice to see some unbiased information. For any...
dont_trust_the_dog
Fiberglass Windows from Hardie????
We need to replace 3 windows in our family room. ...
dancingqueengw
Marvin: Can't find Air Infiltration Specs
I am choosing between Marvin clad and Woodwright double...
texas_al
Whistling in windows with big gusts
Hello, I had new Okna 500s installed this past spring...
sgilliatt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™