Marvin Integrity vs Milgard

lzerarcOctober 28, 2010

Thought we had things narrowed down to Marvin integrity wood ultrex for our new house (about 3k less then Marvin premiums, which we would LOVE to get) but have also been looking around at some others too. Milgard seems to be very similar to the Integrity wiht offering fiberglass exterior and wood interior. The hardware styles even look the same. I do like how Milgard has a triple glaze option too. We live in north Iowa and are building a house with R-40 walls and R-60 ceilings, so we want a good window as well, which is why we are looking at the triple glaze option.

Does anyone have any experience with Milgard windows? We do not have a dealer near us, but have seen the integrity first hand. The wood ultrex came in at around $650 average for the windows only.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
willinak

Just for clarity, the wood Integrity window is a wood window with an Ultrex extrusion cladding, just like a regular aluminum clad wood window.

Bookmark   October 29, 2010 at 4:22PM
lzerarc

Actually it is a fiberglass exterior window with wood clad on the interior only. It is not a solid wood window wrapped with fiberglass ( not similar to a Marvin Premium....wood wrapped in extruded aluminum).

Here is a link that might be useful: Integrity Image

Bookmark   October 29, 2010 at 4:43PM
willinak

lzerac, the image clearly shows a hybrid window, not like what I described, so the salesman gave me wrong information, my bad.
I thought it odd that it would simply be clad with Ultrex, but he insisted.
Thanks for the clarification!

Bookmark   October 30, 2010 at 9:15AM
More Discussions
Brand recommendation?
I would very much appreciate some recommendations on...
oakenacres
Quick advice re: matching door and window grills & transom size
I have french doors sitting between two sets of side...
happyallison
Time to replace the windows?
There has been almost constant ice build up around...
tonyzzztony
Install expectations?
just had windows installed and before I complain to...
rosebay
Deciding between Grand Estates/Amcraft or Okna 500dx, advice?
Both are new construction. The Grand Estates is just...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™