Peachtree Windows are terrible!!

gwynd1October 29, 2009

Peachtree offers a terrible product. I installed doublehung windows in my new home in 1997. Almost every window has had moisture problems between the panes. This began to happen only two years after installation! Peachtree did send me replacement sashes for 4 windows. Now they are out of warranty and the problem is still occurring. They basically ignore most warranty inquires.

THERE SHOULD BE A LEMON LAW FOR WINDOWS....

Poor Substandard product, do not buy them!!!!! Stick with Anderson or Pella!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skydawggy

Problem is you would probably be having the same issues if you had purchased Pella or Andersen vinyl windows. Sorry this happened to you.

Friends don't let friends buy hardware store windows!!

Bookmark   October 30, 2009 at 1:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sis2two

I am sorry that you have had that happen with your particular windows. However I have not had any problems with our peachtree windows in the nine years that we have owned them. I also know many other homeowners who have been pleased with them. Please know that I am not trying to downplay your experience but if someone is considering peachtree, I would recommend them. Would the quality be different depending on where they were purchased? We did get the upper end when we purchased them. We also went through a local building supply company and they highly recommended them. Again, I hope you can get yours straightened out.

Bookmark   November 1, 2009 at 9:12PM
More Discussions
Starmark/OKNA Replacement Windows vs. Anderson?
We met with a salesman yesterday who quoted us a price...
snaupal
Soft-lite Purchase of Gorell
I was looking to get 4 more windows (Gorell, as I love...
mav3481
Andersen Renewal vs Starmark Windows
i currently have a secondary home that we are re designing...
branlance
Installation of Steel Front Entry Door + Sidelites - 1 Man or 2?
Hello, everyone, I have posted here a few times about...
sahmmy_gw
Replace or Repair?
We are about to purchase a home outside Columbus, OH...
jackrh97
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™