Interior Shutters ~ any good resources?

kawfeeaddictAugust 4, 2012

We would like traditional white painted shutters for a guest room and two bathrooms.

Does anyone know of any online resources for some of good quality?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I just bought the last ones at a lumber yard....Menards or Lowes....probably Menards. I would think that an on-line source would be prohibitive to ship.

Bookmark   August 4, 2012 at 10:44PM
kswl2

Do you mean solid interior shutters? I would look at Lowe's or Home Depot, or for a more custom product, a local manufacturer. We had solid shutters in the upstairs bedrooms of our previous home and there's no better light and heat control.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 12:32PM
kawfeeaddict

Solid is nice too however we were thinking of a traditional style with operable louvers.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 2:45PM
Sujafr

We recently ordered plantation shutters from blindsonsale.com. We got free samples from 3 different online sites and went with this company, getting white faux wood ones. The quality seems good, though the very ends of the louvers (not the louvers themselves) are not quite as smooth as the previous ones we had in another home--though this is not something that is visible, just something you can feel when touching them. Their phone support was good during our installation and the installation was easy.

We had used blinds.com with good success before, but I think whatever company you use, just request free samples to see what you'll be getting. I got samples from another place that we didn't use because of the way the ends were finished off and the quality of the material they made theirs from. Unfortunately I can't recall now the one we rejected.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 3:08PM
More Discussions
Pier 1 Furniture???
Okay, we are at the tail end of a whole-house remodel...
dgranara
Help me style my living room!
I have no idea what to pair with this tan couch. I...
homestyles2
Is Restoration Hardware bedding worth it?
I've been searching for the perfect white quilt for...
artydecor
Help me find a powder room paint color
My painter is here fixing another problem (sheetrock,...
tfitz1006
Red / burgundy accent wall?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™