mosaicing a table for my mom

zinnia_bloomsOctober 4, 2009

HELLO IM GOING TO MOSAICING A TABLE FOR OUTSIDE FOR MY MOM , SHE LOVES BLUE SO IM GOING TO MIX IT UP WITH SOME OTHER COLORS , WHAT COLOR GROUT SHOULD I USE ? IM ALSO INTERESTED IN STAIN GLASS ANY GOOD WEB SITES OR CRAFT STORES ? PLEASE EMAIL ME .

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daisyme

You don't really need to decide your grout color until you have your pieces (tesserae) on. Grout can really change the appearance of your piece, so it's always fun to see what happens. I sometimes lay out some of my tess on pieces of plastic in the grout colors I'm considering and then take photos of my options. Good luck and send photos for sure!

Bookmark   October 4, 2009 at 8:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

As DAISY said, your main concern now is not grout - it's adhesive and substrate. What kind of table? Are you planning to use a concrete-based adhesive (thinset)? Give us a picture, please, so we can help. If you are cutting your tiles, Hobby Lobby carries stained glass, and every now and then they put it on sale for 25/30% off, which is the only time I buy it. Maryland Mosaics, Wits End, Mosaics by Maria are three companies lots of us use when ordering. You can Google on-line for tons of tutorials, glass companies and any other info on mosaicing, if you're a beginner. Of course we'll be happy to help along the way. A book is a good start too - from your library.

Bookmark   October 5, 2009 at 8:53AM
More Discussions
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
Sponsored Products
Baroque Tripod Side Table
$199.99 | Dot & Bo
Zero Table
Design Within Reach
PD4 ABC Table Lamp - Red - Gubi
$279.00 | HORNE
Oakland Living Dining Furniture Mississippi 3-Piece Patio Bar Set 2008-AB
Home Depot
Chintaly Angelina Swirl Back Memory Swivel Bar Stool - ANGELINA-BS
$383.02 | Hayneedle