Latest WIP

crackpotannieOctober 8, 2009

Hi everyone well I Have been working on mosaics again getting ready for the show I mentioned ,it is Dec 5-6 in Boerne if any of you can come I'd love to meet you..Anyway these birdhouses are huge they are 20" tall and the mexican one is also 15 " wide very heavy. they are made from terracotta and a rare find..to be honest I hate to part with them as I may never find them again..I bought all they had left at the time..I am thinking dark grey grout to make them pop more ,what do you think? The beach spa I will do in a sand color tho.The pictures are in the beginning of my photobucket,when they are grouted???When? I'll send a pic of finished products......

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/crackpotmosaics/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crackpotannie

well darn they've changed the way photobucket used to work so maybe someone else can tell me why it won't right.

Bookmark   October 8, 2009 at 1:47PM
texaswild

Works fine. CRACK: I love every single one of them. Want to know where you get those wonderful opaque green glass pieces, and the tiles that are in the doors of the houses, especially the green ones. The pink one is sooo closely mosaiced - the black/white/green one is very strinking also. You have really been busy. W/be anxiously awaiting seeing these grouted - don't envy you. I forced myself yesterday to grout the second planter I made for my Fantasy Fence. Don't feel like trying to haul it out to the swing area today - just planted two Confederate Roses. Soooooo glad you're back - don't stay away that long again, girlie. Beautiful work as always. BTW - did you ever finish your Riana head planter?

Bookmark   October 8, 2009 at 2:09PM
crackpotannie

Thanks slow I couldn't get it to work where you just click on it in msg and it opens...if you mean the green gems on top for roof I got in a gift shop in Rockport all they had was green and blue however I order them from a place call vista marbles go online and they will send you a cataloque. In the doors the green things are the terracotta perches in the birdhouse I juist painted them to match. I will pain t more of a mexican look after I grout. Finished another one today and put the roof on the china one,I'll post Mon. Love you guys glad to be back I'm also showing jeserly in my show. Got 300 sets made.. whew!!
and you thought I was just sitting on my ole fat b---...LOL!

Bookmark   October 8, 2009 at 4:16PM
katishooked

Hey wow. Boy these sure are purdy. Can't say I have a fav. Good luck with your show.

Kat

Bookmark   October 8, 2009 at 6:04PM
texasfern

Wow! I have got to get up to Boerne and see these and all your work in the flesh!
How about shooting me an email with your location.

Bookmark   October 8, 2009 at 7:27PM
More Discussions
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
Sponsored Products
Casa Sierra Double Arm 27 1/2" High Outdoor Light
Lamps Plus
Geneva Sound System - Model XL Wireless - HiFi - Geneva Lab
$2,299.00 | HORNE
Runner Rug: Harrison Rouge 1' 11" x 7' 5"
$49.97 | Home Depot
IC920LEDG3 900 Lumen 5 Inch LED IC New Construction Housing
Lightology
Dimensions Pendant by LBL Lighting
$484.00 | Lumens