decorative moulding on staircase stringer -- sources?

rmkitchenJuly 14, 2007

While watching the movie "Something's Gotta Give" I noticed the scroll detail, almost like a treble clef, on the stringer on the staircase of Jack Nicholson character's townhouse. It was lovely and I'd like to do something like that on our curved staircase. Being that I saw the movie on a Saturday evening my search has thus far only been on the internet and completely fruitless!

At Van Dyke's, the only online source I did find, what I saw was too frou-frou and thin looking -- in the movie it looked substantial.

Thanks for any resources!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Try a web search with the term "stair bracket" and you'll find what you seek.

    Bookmark   July 14, 2007 at 11:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you for the tip! I'll go try it now. Thank you, Casey.

    Bookmark   July 15, 2007 at 4:34PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
What happens to your tools when you die?
I turned 70 this year and suddenly realized that I...
Can this door be repaired?
We're renovating a 1920 house and this bedroom door...
Table saw for hobby work.
I searched this question on here and I did find a few...
Gel stain on stair treads and handrail?
I have read many of the inspirational posts in the...
Refinishing oak furniture
I fell in love with a very large (11 feet long) piece...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™