fiberglass framed windows

luvthewestOctober 28, 2009

Has anyone used a fiberglass framed window? Thoughts? Worth the money? I am looking at Serious Windows.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Windows on Washington

Nice product. Marvin makes the nicest pultrusions in my opinion. Serious has some nice super efficient options though.

Bookmark   October 28, 2009 at 5:23PM
luvthewest

Thanks for the comment. And, you're right, Serious is supposed to be super efficient, but I'll have another look at Marvin - I do like Marvin windows.

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 6:10PM
kcboom

I looked @ Marvin Infinity & Integrity, Milgard Ultra, and Pella Impervia.

I ended up with a mix of Marvin windows. Marvin clad awnings, Marvin Integrity wood clad and 2 Marvin all ultrex. I had some issues with the standard sizing of the Marvin Integrity so I got the Marvin clad but I really did think hands down the were the best looking of them all.

The Miguards just looked cheap, the Pella Impervia look like an unfinished product and the Marvin Infinity were nice but did not seem as sturdy as the Infinity wood clad.

I browsed for for windows from vinyl to wood for about 8 months. If I passed a place I hadn't been to before I would stop in and look if I liked what I saw I got a quote I found home shows were the best way to compare all the windows pretty much side-by-side.

Bookmark   November 5, 2009 at 5:02PM
okna

Marvin has probably the nicest window but simplest pultrusion(sorry windowsonwashington). The Serious and other Canadian windows have far superior DP values than Marvin which I think is something like a DP35 tops. Others start at a DP55. Aesthetics yes, performance no. So now you have to think of why you are changing your window.

Bookmark   November 7, 2009 at 3:14AM
More Discussions
What size windows - 10' + Cathedral Ceiling
I like the look of the hearth room pictured below....
burbmomoftwo
please help with choice of replacement window
hello everyone....I need some help deciding on which...
balboa64
Best garden window?
I am remodeling our galley kitchen. It's small and...
shadey
Whistling in windows with big gusts
Hello, I had new Okna 500s installed this past spring...
sgilliatt
Replace or Repair?
We are about to purchase a home outside Columbus, OH...
jackrh97
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™