Calamity Jane's Bucket List Adventure!

Calamity_JOctober 25, 2011

Hey! So you know how you have things you reeeaaallly wanna do in your lifetime? Well I had one thing I really wanted to do ever since I became interestedin Stained Glass art...go to Spectrum Glass Factory and do the tour. I was going to Seattle this last weekend, and Klinger said why not go to the Glass Museum while you are down there? She has been and HIGHLY recommended it! So then I realized I had a long lost dream of going to Spectrum too! So I did both!!!! WOW!!!! I was so emotional standing at the doors of Spectrum...that I couldn't go in until I "gathered" myself together....it was then that I realized that this was one of my bucket list goals! So here are some pics I took, they don't let you take pics of inside the glass factory, so I only have the entrance pic!lol! But you can look up the web page and take a virtual tour. And the Chihuly Bridge of Glass was sooo amazing!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
soxxxx

I will put that on my bucket list too.
I am ready to go just need someone like Jack Nichols to bankroll the trip.

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 1:22PM
Calamity_J

So when I was at the Glass Museum, I bought these 2 items to remind me of my trip and WHO talked me into it!!! I will drill holes in the heart to be able to make a hanging art pc with these two items...

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 2:48PM
nicethyme

STUNNING!!!! what a cool trip Jane.

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 4:13PM
texaswild

How exciting. Hope you don't break the heart when drilling. Couldn't you use a strong adhesive instead of drilling and taking a chance on shattering it. What a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing the excitement w/us.

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 4:36PM
shrty411

Wow, what fun looks awesome!!

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 8:07PM
cathyscache

Looks like fun!!

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 11:38AM
Calamity_J

Thanks! It really was sooo much fun...altho I wish I had been sharing this fun with a fellow artist, but all in all, it was such a great experience. I have 3 days off and plan to work on my Newest WIP!

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 12:56PM
loribee2

Wow, thanks for those pictures! I go up to Seattle occasionally, and will have to put that on my list of places to visit next time I'm there. Where was the other factory you toured? Now you've got me wondering if there's any here in the San Francisco Bay Area....

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 6:28PM
Calamity_J

Got The ODE To Klinger done!!!! Took Slow's advice and decided that I would use my stained glass tools on this heart, it is a 1/4inch thick x 2 inch heart, so I wrapped it with 1/4inch wide copper foil, then soldered and added hooks(wire)!
Loribee2: There is a stained glass factory in Oregon called Uroboros Glass. I toured Spectrum Glass and Tacoma Glass Museum.

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 6:47PM
texaswild

Oh how wonderful that is. Sooooo glad you used your multi-talent to make the combination. That is sooooo creative - so YOU (the creaation) and it looks like Cindy!!!

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 7:32PM
Calamity_J

Thank You, I think it looks like CindyLooHoo too!!lol!

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 12:41AM
klinger

Oh you guys, I think it looks like me too, lol.Wild hair and all.Jane you took such wonderful pics of all that glass art, It just looks so beautiful every piece is gorgeous. How cool for you to go to the factory tour, really neat to do something you've dreamed about for so long.

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 1:15AM
rock_oak_deer

Wow, that's beautiful. Wonderful pics of the Chihuly, I love his work. That looks even more stunning than the Bellagio pieces.

You are so creative to put those pieces together, looks so nice that way.

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 2:51PM
ernie85017

Bandaid alert.

What are those blue things on the tower?

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 8:59PM
Calamity_J

GLASS!!!!
It's funny you say bandaid alert, cuz I am typing with a bandaid on as I have been playing with those wedi board clips and actually cut myself on them!!! OUCH!

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 9:54PM
concretenprimroses

Beautiful photos! Love the tribute too. I too was amazed by the blue things.

I don't know when we will go back to Seattle, but def have to go to these places. Makes me realize I should google glass and mosaic for anyplace i visit!

Someone here needs to write a guide book! I have books that tell me where to visit gardens everywhere.

Kathy

Bookmark   October 29, 2011 at 8:28AM
emtnest

Miss Jane that is one fun piece of glass art!

Bookmark   October 30, 2011 at 5:28AM
More Discussions
Black Kinky Boots
something else for my girly 1/2 guest bathroom....
brokenbitmosaics
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
acrylic sheet
Hello all I have dabbled in other media like oil and...
bicem
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™