anderson woodwright - how to clean

amsol4513October 13, 2010

Help! We built a house this past year, and I have finally gotten around to cleaning them. I have had replacement windows in the past (Harvey, Home Depot) that were so easy to tilt. These windows are horrible to clean! First, there are flimsy plastic clips that are supposed to slide down and click to get the bottom window to tilt. Well, out of the 6 windows I have tried to clean so far, only 1 clip has actually worked. I had to have my builder come back and force the clips to click. My new problem is getting the top window to stay up when I am done. Two of my windows will not stay up unless I lock the window, which means that I cannot open these windows. Has anyone had these issues, or are my windows lemons? Amy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eastbay10

You are probably still within the factory labor warranty so have the builder contact Andersen or your dealer to assist you.

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 3:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

The plastic wedge pieces that slide for the lower sash can be tough to activate, I would verify that the windows are installed correctly meaning plumb, level and square. If not installed correctly this can make the wedges even more difficult to operate. As far as the top sash, I feel what the problem maybe is that the pins on the lower corners of the upper sash are not seated properly in the shoes in the track which would mean there was nothing to hold the sash up.

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 4:14PM
More Discussions
Curtain Finials
These finials were purchased a number of years ago...
cw8626
Need reassurance! Pella windows not a bad decision?
My house currently has 4 kinds of windows - contractor's...
Lrw2a
Need Help with new window brands
We are early in the new home construction process (finalizing...
mmdoh
Time to replace the windows?
There has been almost constant ice build up around...
tonyzzztony
Matching window/patio door hardware to interior doors?
..reposted in remodeling... We will have white interior...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™