Stacking/Mulling Large Horizontal 3/0 6/0 Windows
I have no doubt that the smartest window people are on this forum and we need help! We are building a new contemporary (lake flato style) home in the Texas Hill Country (near San Antonio). There are a ton of windows and we need a good (not great $$$) window that won't break the bank. Here's the specifics:
1. All windows are horizontal 3/0 6/0 windows, stacked either 3 high or stacked 4 high.
2. Thinnest, simplest profile. Less than 6" in-between windows with 2 windows together.
3. Thermally broken, unpainted wood interior with aluminum exterior.
4. Fixed with some operable. Operable portion: awning or vent
5. Windows made for 2' x 4' (4"-5" deep). The architect will work this out with the trim person.
We have started getting bids from Milgard, Marvin, Kolbe, Lincoln, Fleetwood, Pella, Jeld-Wen, Eagle, Integrity, Hurd.... I am certain the right window package is out there, but we can't seem to find the rep who knows enough to put it together. So far, for set of 3/0 6/0, stacked 3 high with bottom panel tempered is $1200-$1850. We would like to be in the $900-$1000 range.
How can we accomplish this? And if you know any knowledgable window people in the area- please let me know. Thanks!!