Nature abstract

cathyscacheOctober 28, 2009

Trying something different with this one. I've used wood rounds I cut, birch bark, beach rocks and decorative nails. It's different. I wanted to see how the bark would look. I like the way the wood and bark look together. Already planning my next one with some of the same. This was another experiment and I like it. And check out our new baby "Rosie". She is just too sweet. Part pit bull and something else, not sure what. "Little Miss Rosebud"

Here is a link that might be useful: Nature abstract

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emtnest

Cathy,
That is really neat...Rosie is adorable too.

Bookmark   October 28, 2009 at 11:07PM
iminmystudio

I love how you use wood, when I first started looking at this forum I fell in love with your file cabinet, Rosie is very cute.

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 2:54AM
cathyscache

Thanks EMT and Studio....I really love nature and using what it has to offer. And I love finding new ways to use it. I've got another idea with my next project. But gotta finish what I have going first. I tend to start more and leave the others hanging. Gotta finish up so what I have so I have work space!!! LOL Later

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 12:19PM
texasfern

I do like this one alot!
I was telling my mom about you the other day. She misses Alaska. Next time we go to her sister's she wants me to show her all your online pictures.
That Rosie is a cutie!

Bookmark   October 31, 2009 at 11:46AM
cathyscache

Thanks tex...Is it U that used to live in Alaska? I can't remember who it was that told me they used to live in Fairbanks. I should be ready to grout this one tomorrow. But I've already started on another so maybe not til Monday.

Bookmark   October 31, 2009 at 12:42PM
cathyscache

I finally finished and grouted yesterday. I really like the wood and bark look. so I'll be finding ways to use them both more. I think I'm going to call this one "Kidney Stones". The wood ended up in a kidney shape (not intentional) and rocks inside so...My GD says wow Granny cool purse, a friend says it looks like an indian something. So I guess it is whatever the beholder wants it to be. I guess that's the abstract part??? LOL...I'll seal after a bit more clean up....On to the next one

Here is a link that might be useful: Nature abstract done

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 12:17PM
More Discussions
Backsplash glass and stone tile tile problem...Help
We just had this beautiful glass/stone mosaic tile...
gargeres
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™