Mortise Sashlock & Handle help

mileleJuly 16, 2010

Dear Forum... I am looking for the equivalent of Union 2295 Mortice Sashlock:

and this handle:

I live in US and this product is made in England but available in Africa and EU. Any suggestions for US?

My house has all these handles but we put an addition and now we have one missing. In particular we are looking for the bathroom version which has a lock that can be open from the outside in case the kids get trapped. I have picture available if needed.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Oh, you want a narrow mortise lockset. There have been a couple on ebay of late. They were typically used in old-style french doors (called sash doors) where a full-depth lockset was too big.
The exact door plate and handle I can't help you with. If you bought a second hand lock on ebay (you'd have to make do with a substitute unless the set came complete with handles (usually a small knob inside and a very small lever outside.)

Here is a link that might be useful: narrow lock on ebay (ended)

    Bookmark   July 29, 2010 at 5:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

well, then I will buy them from UK where they still sell them. Tx anyway

    Bookmark   July 29, 2010 at 11:58PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Peeling railings and windows
Hi, Around 8 months ago I put new spar varnish on my...
Ryan Tetuan
Refinishing bedroom furniture
Hi everyone! Need advise please. We refinished a computer...
Where can I get this molding?
I need to replace a couple of baseboards and want to...
How extensive does Cherry wood (Cabinet) darken ???
We plan to stain our cherry cabinet to burgundy/red...
species of window sill/molding?
I think this is my favorite window pic. Any idea what...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™