Windsor Pinnacle

jodierdOctober 8, 2010

I'm remodeling (or resurrecting or maybe it's "reviving") a 1963 modern ranch. It had the original single pane floor-to-ceiling windows in the front of the house, including trapezoid ones at the top, replaced. Same with the other sides of the house, which were aluminum sliders.

The new Windsor Pinnacles are in and are fabulous. When they arrived in the garage my contractor who builds high end custom homes (well, before this lovely recession or whatever it is) tried the slider. A man of few words or emotion, he beamed and said, "These are no builder grade windows." Same reaction from everyone from the DitecTV guy to the electrician. These were custom made to fit the holes so weren't cheap (ahem!) but, hey, they'll last another 45 years. And I get the tax rebate ;)

I had read a little here about them but just wanted to return the favor for all of you doing window research.

Jodie Davis

North Georgia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Testimonial good enough to be an advertisement!

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 2:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daisy71

Hi jodied,

It has been 2 years since you installed your Windsor Pinnacle windows. Are you still happy with them??
I am considering having Windsor throughout my house and want to make sure this is not a mistake!!
Any feedback you can offer will be welcome!
Thanks

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 7:41AM
More Discussions
Need Help with new window brands
We are early in the new home construction process (finalizing...
mmdoh
Andersen Renewal vs Starmark Windows
i currently have a secondary home that we are re designing...
branlance
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
Install expectations?
just had windows installed and before I complain to...
rosebay
Window in a shower?
We are planning a remodel of our second floor master...
numbersjunkie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™