Taurus 3 Ring Saw - celebration!

jenelOctober 13, 2010

My husband surprised me last night by ordering a Taurus 3 ring saw online. Woo hoo!!!! I'm so excited! In my current outdoor shower WIP, I'd been planning to make a butterfly entirely out of beads, but I keep laying out beads without coming up with something attractive. Now that I can make intricate shapes, I think I'll do the butterfly out of glass and beads. So fun!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silvamae

Oh I am SO excited for you. I have a Taurus 3 ring saw and I love it. I am making a new post about beads that you might like.

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 11:22AM
loribee2

Okay....what's a Taurus 3 ring saw for? (newbie alert) And congrats, because even though I don't know what it is, I take it it's cool!

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 11:20PM
silvamae

Jenel, okay if I answer? Loribee2, it's a table saw that works with water like a tile saw and it cuts stained glass like butter and even cuts through plates. I love mine. Y'all will get a kick out of these pictures I took yesterday. The first picture is of a glass-on-glass mosaic I did, it's propped in a window overlooking the back porch. The second picture is of the same mosaic with the Taurus 3 ring saw showing through it since the saw is sitting outside the window on a table on the porch. That's where the red glow comes from in the second photo. That's what I do when I am procrastinating ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog

Bookmark   October 15, 2010 at 10:05AM
texaswild

OHMYGOODNESS!!! SILVA - put a red light behind this beautiful mosaic. I absolutely couldn't quit looking at it. Too tired to spend much more time, though - spent all day on the road junkin' for my student who doesn't have time to shop - works six days a/week. She is looking for dishes w/roses to mosaic a long sofa table I gave her. She saw the table w/roses in my Kaffee Fasset book, and has to make it. It'll be a long process collecting the dishes - scarce in these parts.

Bookmark   October 15, 2010 at 4:40PM
silvamae

Scarce here too! You're right; it'll be a long process collecting the dishes.

Bookmark   October 15, 2010 at 7:25PM
loribee2

I'm with SLOWMEDOWN, that's an absolutely beautiful glass mosaic. I want it!! And with digital photography being another hobby of mine, I especially admired your photoshopped version. I would never have thought to photoshop a picture of an art object I made. I definitely have to start thinking outside the box!

So beautiful!

Bookmark   October 15, 2010 at 11:29PM
silvamae

loribee2, I hope this link works. Try and see if you can view some pictures of my latest mosaic guitars that I have Photoshopped for a logo I'm designing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's logos

Bookmark   October 16, 2010 at 10:38AM
silvamae

Jenel, did you get it yet? Tell us all about it.

Bookmark   October 16, 2010 at 8:42PM
jenel

Silva, your candles are *gorgeous*!!!

No, the ring saw hasn't arrived yet. It's due to be delivered on Tuesday. I normally don't work on my mosaic until the weekend, but I might not be able to resist. Yesterday, I spent a few hours cutting 3/4-inch squares out of various shades of blue. They will make up the sky on the outdoor shower WIP. Today, I'm going to come up with a plan for the butterfly that will be in the sky, which I will cut using my new Taurus 3.

Loribee, one of the things I'm most excited about is that the Taurus 3 is supposed to grind as it cuts, leaving a smooth edge. That means I'll be able to cut the pieces and glue them pretty much immediately.

Bookmark   October 17, 2010 at 10:33AM
silvamae

It's true; the edges of glass cut with the Taurus 3 are not sharp like they are when we nip the glass. It is great. The only thing about the saw is that the blades are expensive. So I tend to not use it for everything; only for shapes that need to be cut perfectly, such as numbers and letters.

Bookmark   October 17, 2010 at 2:35PM
Calamity_J

Congrats on your new toy, oh, you are gonna have some fun now!!! They have made a new saw that is TOTALLY over the top now...

Here is a link that might be useful: Revolution XT

Bookmark   October 17, 2010 at 9:00PM
More Discussions
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
Cutting Beach Pebbles
I have a good supply of various colored beach pebbles...
african
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
Thrift Store Remake....
I thought it needed a little something extra.
brokenbitmosaics
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
Sponsored Products
Area Rug: Augusta Lifestyle Collection Multi 3' 11" x 5' 10"
$59.97 | Home Depot
3'x9' 100% Wool Sky Blue Runner Super Kazakh Oriental Rug Hand Knotted Sh18297
1800 Get A Rug
Stonegate Designs | Mercer 48 Inch Chandelier
YLighting
Lush Decor Sara 3-piece Comforter Set
Overstock.com
Veil White Glass Tech Track Pendant for Lightolier Track Systems
Euro Style Lighting
Flower Vine Giclee Set of Four Shades 3x6x5 (Clip-On)
$49.99 | Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™