Where do I find this . . .

katy_bugJuly 14, 2007

I need something and I can not find it anywhere around town or on the internet. Very simple, I need 2 of the following:

19" diameter circle wood with rounded edge

4" diameter hole cut out directly in the center

1/2" in thickness

Will be painted so can be made of lower quality wood

I would do it myself, but I don't have the tools. Does anyone know where I could find something like this or could do it for me (depending on price)?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Not to be obvious, but you just need to find someone who does have the tools. Your description doesn't sound like any mass-produced item, so it'll be custom. Ask a local woodshop.

    Bookmark   July 14, 2007 at 2:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If you want it done cheaply, I would ask a local woodshop teacher at a high school. Mayeb you could pay a kid a few $$ to get it done.

    Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 12:25AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You can buy them pre-made out of plastic or MDF at an electrical supply store. They're a standard item for dressing around ceiling fixtures or fans.

    Bookmark   August 13, 2007 at 3:40PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
are these cabinets discolored from cigarettes?
Not sure if this was a refacing gone bad, or nicotine...
Refinishing bedroom furniture
Hi everyone! Need advise please. We refinished a computer...
I am thinking of getting a router, never owned one....
How extensive does Cherry wood (Cabinet) darken ???
We plan to stain our cherry cabinet to burgundy/red...
Maple floor, pine trim oak cabinets
Help please! We just sanded our maple floors and are...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™