Window 'Slide Locks'

thenewguy_2010September 30, 2010

Okay, so I've got a rough idea of what I'm looking for, and I'm really hoping someone here can help me out. I'm currently renting an older, midwest home (built in the late 1920s I think), and all of the storm windows have these small, white plastic "slide locks" on the lower right and left corners that you "slide" towards the center of the window so that you can raise it up. Releasing the locks to have it click into a notch to stay raised.

I've been searching my local hardware and "big box" stores to try to find replacements for these things because about half of them are broken (and the landlord doesn't seem too concerned). The closest thing I've found is something like this: but it doesn't look 100% the same. So... Can anyone tell me what these things are called, or where I can find some to buy and put into the storm windows to fix the broken ones?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
    Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 2:13AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
wood window restoring in Nova
I live in a cedar home with big wood casement windows....
Window Decision Time
Hi all, First, let me thank all of you for the information...
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
Sunrise or Thermal windows and doors
I'm trying to decide between Sunrise windows and Thermal...
please help with choice of replacement window
hello everyone....I need some help deciding on which...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™