Harbor Freight Nippers - replacement wheels?

wishdishOctober 16, 2013

Hi all, I'm going to be doing a workshop (my first one-wish me luck!). Getting supplies now. I want to offer tools for everyone, so chose to go with Harbor Freight wheeled nippers. Can't afford several pairs of Lepps right now. I tried the HF ones, I think they are okay. But I don't see where you can get replacement wheels for them, at least not thru HF. Do you know if other wheels will fit them? Thanks, Ellen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Good luck on finding them anywhere - maybe Delphi, but postage w/cost you more than the price of the wheels. When mine get dull I just go and buy a new nipper. Home Depot has them for $13.00 - a dollar cheaper than Hobby Lobby. I noticed they have them at Michaels now, but didn't check the price.

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 10:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wishdish

Thanks, Slow. Yeah, I figured that I would probably need to treat them as throwaways. If I end up doing more classes, then I might invest in Lepps, but for now, I think the HF ones will be fine. When I bought the one pair that I now have, I did have to pick and choose, opening packages, before I found a "good" one. Looks like they've gone up a dollar since I bought mine.

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 7:36PM
More Discussions
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
I have been making some mirrors...
I am enjoying looking at all of your mosaics and I...
angs_pool
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™