Is this a beading or roundover router bit?

slc2053June 4, 2008

I'm looking for a beading bit, I believe. I want to make a groove in a cabinet door that is 1/2 round and straight sides. Searches I do for the cut I want to make state that this is a beading bit. BUT, my problem is that I want to make this groove (small in diameter) down the FRONT of a cabinet door, not the edge and the only bits I see are for edge profiles. Is there a bit I can use to make this same decorative cut down the front of a cabinet door???

Thanks in advance!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I think the search term is pointed beading bit. Or center bead bit. 2 Links:


Here is a link that might be useful: Like this

    Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 11:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Fluting or box core bit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fluting bit

    Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 12:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Sounds like you are wanting beaded inset panel doors?Try for more info...In this case the doors would be squared off and the bead would be on the face frame.Doors and face frame being flush w/ each other.Beading bits seem to have a tendancy to burn the wood in my experience.

    Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 9:44PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Where can I get this molding?
I need to replace a couple of baseboards and want to...
Gel stain on stair treads and handrail?
I have read many of the inspirational posts in the...
Refinishing bedroom furniture
Hi everyone! Need advise please. We refinished a computer...
are these cabinets discolored from cigarettes?
Not sure if this was a refacing gone bad, or nicotine...
What happens to your tools when you die?
I turned 70 this year and suddenly realized that I...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™