Not All Simonton Windows are Created Equal

nerdyshopperSeptember 12, 2010

After posting several times in this forum, and having the PlyGem Window I chose for my kitchen disliked, I decided to try to find a Simonton dealer in a nearby comunity (about 45 mile sway). However, I wanted to be sure I got a high performance set of windows too. So I went to the Simonton site and started checking the models available in this eastern Washington area. None of the reinforced frames available on the east coast are needed here and are not available. I found that the best available frame on the west coast is the Prism line, but that is available from only one distributor and they don't service this area either. The best I could find available here was the Impressions 7500, which appears to be slightly less durable than the Visions line. I'm not sure if it is really any better than the PlyGem Pro 200 or Premium windows that are available in this community.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skydawggy

Sorry I can't help you. The windows sold on the East Coast are completely different than the ones sold on the West Coast. They even have different labor warranties.

Bookmark   September 12, 2010 at 8:27PM
More Discussions
Requesting feedback re: interior bronze window frames
My home is a small (1500 sq. ft.) contemporary with...
texasgal47
New window by: James Hardie Beechworth
Duplicate Post This post was edited by kZim on Wed,...
kzim_gw
Fiberglass Windows from Hardie????
We need to replace 3 windows in our family room. ...
dancingqueengw
Best garden window?
I am remodeling our galley kitchen. It's small and...
shadey
Matching window/patio door hardware to interior doors?
..reposted in remodeling... We will have white interior...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™