What hinge for angled kitchen cabinet door

babsintxJune 14, 2010

I live in an octagon house, so have lots of odd angles to deal with. We're renovating our kitchen and will have a cabinet with a 140 degree "bend" in it. We'd like to have a two-part door with a hinge in the middle so the door can fold when open to give more access to the wedge-shaped cabinet space behind it. (Of course, there will be regular hinges on one side of the door to hold it to the frame.) Any suggestions for what kind of hinge to use between the two parts of the door? We don't want this hinge to be visible when the door is closed. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Is this a concave or convex 140 degree "bend"? In either case, would it be possible to hinge the door(s) from each side rather than one side and the middle?

    Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 6:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

This hinge is for an acute angle cabinet:
This one is for hinging an inside corner door:
The link is to the index page for these special angle hinges at a seller I have used.
Blum makes similar stuff, but all of their retailers have infuriatingly complicated webpages/indices to access all that they actually have.

Here is a link that might be useful: Special angle hinges

    Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 7:06PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Peeling railings and windows
Hi, Around 8 months ago I put new spar varnish on my...
Ryan Tetuan
species of window sill/molding?
I think this is my favorite window pic. Any idea what...
I am thinking of getting a router, never owned one....
making templates from graph paper
I seen some of the woodworking plans on the Internet...
Installing new deck door
I've ordered and received a new custom pre-hung deck...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™