Folding Screen Stabilizers

susanowmJune 7, 2008

We have a folding screen that needs something to stabilize it because our floor is uneven. I would like to attach something to the bottom that would stabilize it so it is like a temporary wall and not dependent on the angle of the folds to keep it vertical. Any ideas where I could find some "crossbar" legs to put on it? Or do I have to make them myself? If so, any ideas how to go about this or suggested components to use?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Sounds like a simple custom job. I think it's safe to say that there is nothing commercially available for you. I would start with a rough "mock-up". This will allow you to determine the minimum length for stability of your crossbar or foot. I would use a 2X4 by 10" or so. Screw it to the bottom of your divider. From there you should be able to sense it if can be shorter and still stable. Then re-cut if necessary. The final design could be made by a pro, like myself, if you would like. Perhaps it may need adjustable feet attached to the wood foot also.

Here is a link that might be useful: TMW products

    Bookmark   June 29, 2008 at 1:04PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
protecting black walnut salt and pepper mill
Hi all, Just got a set of gorgeous discontinued William...
Advice on finishing outdoor cypress mantel
Hello all, I have a wood finishing dilemma. I have...
Jack Mason
Can this door be repaired?
We're renovating a 1920 house and this bedroom door...
newbie veneer terminology question
My house has hollow slab doors veneered with luaun...
Fori is not pleased
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Damage on a Solid Walnut Table
I need to fix some damage from nail polish remover...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™