Best Vinyl Windows in SoCal

ssolperSeptember 26, 2013

What are the best vinyl windows available in Southern California? I looked at Pella wood products, but because of the cost decided to go with cheaper material for most of the windows in the house. I want nice looking windows that have external grid options without compromising the quality and warranty. I was thinking to go with Pella�s 350 series, but some posts on the internet are making me apprehensive to do so. I know Milgard is big around here, but I really do not like them. To me, they are very bulky and hate the automatic lock system. I am planning to put white wood trim around the windows so I don�t want bulky vinyl to contrast too much. I have about 26 windows and a couple of patio door that I need to replace very soon in my older home.

I appreciate your input.

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fenestration_Taylor

It's hard to find vinyl windows with external grids. Kolbe Latitude series vinyl has external grids. I know people on here are fans of sunrise windows, I believe they have an external grid, but it's hard to find dealers on the west coast. If you want to go the fiberglass route Integrity wood/ultrex is a nice window with exterior grids, more than a vinyl, less than a wood clad window.

Bookmark   September 26, 2013 at 4:40PM
windowsonwashington

Sunrise does have an SDL as does Okna. Not sure if Sunrise is available but I know that Okna is not.

Google around for Simulated Divided Lites and you should be able to find something in your area.

The Pella 350 is actually a nice window but I am just very leery of the pocket sill design in any window.

Bookmark   September 27, 2013 at 6:15AM
jeffpad

Integrity / Superior / Milgard

Bookmark   September 27, 2013 at 2:13PM
More Discussions
new construction vs "replacement" windows
I am somewhat confused from reading various company...
mmdoh
Brand recommendation?
I would very much appreciate some recommendations on...
oakenacres
Need reassurance! Pella windows not a bad decision?
My house currently has 4 kinds of windows - contractor's...
Laurel Wittman
Feedback / sanity check on Marvin & Kolbe quotes
So I got my rough quotes from a local Marvin Design...
aptosca
Curtain Finials
These finials were purchased a number of years ago...
cw8626
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™