replacement windows - Anderson Woodright or Simonton 5500

conshekSeptember 12, 2012

We replaced our front windows a couple years ago with Anderson Woodright windows (painted white inside). We need to get the back ones replaced and the contractor has recommended the Simonton 5500 windows for the back. He said they are just as good and will match the front Anderson ones. The Simonton windows are half the cost of the Woodright and we are currently renting the house out so it seems to make more sense just to do the Simonton.

Anyone have experience with these windows and how they compare to the Woodright? We don't think we will live in the house again so it will be a rental for a bit and then sold at some point.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EcoStarRemodel

Well, other than the fact that the Andersens are cladded wood and the Simontons are all vinyl, I'm sure either would serve you well for it's intended purpose.

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 4:31PM
toddinmn

The Home Depot's around here have the Simonton and Anderson windows on display. Take a look and decide for yourself. To me they would not match but alot of people probally would not know unless it was pointed out to them.

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 9:41PM
PRO
Windows on Washington Ltd

+1

Both are pretty solid windows and you should on the budget via the Simonton option.

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 7:09AM
mmarse1

when he said match he was probably referring to window color and grid configuration. you can certainly install the simonton the the back part of your home. as long as its the 5500 and not the lower end model.
ask for double strength glass and meeting rail reinforcement as well as either super spacer or a true stainless spacer.

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 7:38AM
More Discussions
Marvin Ultimate Clad Double Hung SDL - With or Without Spacer Bar
I am looking to buy the Double Hung, Marvin Ultimate...
cdrigans
Marvin Ultimate double hung or casement
I am replacing some rotting windows and am installing...
salbwil
please help with choice of replacement window
hello everyone....I need some help deciding on which...
balboa64
Advice on replacement windows in CA? Anderson vs. Milgard?
We just bought a fixer upper that has 20+ year old...
FixerUpper18
Plantation Shutters Pros/Cons, need advice
Hi, I'm new to this website and owning a home so forgive...
rehsanipoor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™