Nail gun

theolddogJune 4, 2008

Anyone with experience with the Costco nail gun set sold under the Thorsen Tool Co name? 3 nailers for $140

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

No, but I'd suspect the price is likely reflective of quality. Remember the old adage, if it sounds too go to be true, it probably is.

Of course, Costco has a very liberal return policy so it might be worth giving it a shot.

Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 9:05AM
theolddog

I hope it's not too good to be true, but I know what you mean. I ordered it only because of Costco's return policy. Thanks for your input.

Bookmark   June 6, 2008 at 8:04PM
Jon1270

I'd guess these are in the same class as the cheap brad gun a friend bought from Harbor Freight and later gave me when he traded up to a Senco. They'll lack some features of the better guns, may not work quite as reliably (jamming more frequently, for example) and must be thought of as disposable because repair parts will be totally unavailable, but they will save labor over hand-nailing everything, and are probably a good value for the occasional user.

Bookmark   June 7, 2008 at 8:00AM
theolddog

Starting a kitchen remodel. Plan to use the nail guns for this project then Craig's List or something. Yep, I'm the occasional user.

Bookmark   June 9, 2008 at 9:04PM
More Discussions
Gel stain on stair treads and handrail?
I have read many of the inspirational posts in the...
amt782
Walnut Veneer Issues
Hi, I'd so greatly appreciate your help in identifying...
RChicago
are these cabinets discolored from cigarettes?
Not sure if this was a refacing gone bad, or nicotine...
cindywhitall
Where can I get this molding?
I need to replace a couple of baseboards and want to...
stripedbass
Stripping paint off of beams
Hi folks. We're working on a wonderful 100-year-old...
GaleForce
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™