Does this product exist?

elltwoApril 2, 2013

A two-pole twin circuit breaker. I want to add some electric heat to a panel that is not overloaded but has every position taken, and I want 2 240V circuits where there is just room for 1 standard sized two-pole breaker.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

A two-pole twin circuit breaker.

Here is a link that might be useful: A two-pole twin circuit breaker.

    Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 8:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ron Natalie

What sort of panel do you have? Yes this can be done in many panels that can accept tandem or skinny breakers. Some times all you need is a handle tie to take two poles off adjacent (not the same) tandem breaker. GE sells skinny two poles (you need to stick them such that they straddle the standard slot.

    Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 8:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It may cost less to use thin breakers for existing circuits to free up space.

Make sure the panel listing allows the thin breakers, and then replace four full size breakers and you will have opened up two full size slots.

    Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 10:38AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for the responses, brickeyee's answer makes the most sense for my application, I can squeeze 8 circuits into 4 full size spaces in the bottom of my panel.

    Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 12:41PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Dryer power cord next to vent
My contractor is enlarging the dryer vent hole in the...
Outdoor subpanel as AC disconnect
Can we use an outdoor subpanel as an AC disconnect?...
Inspection Report
Had a gorgeous 1909 house inspected yesterday and don't...
Need to Understand GFCI Requirements.
I posted this in the remodeling section, but I think...
Installing 220/240V. 50/60Hz appliances from Europe
I hope to install a "Domino" modular system...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™