window replacement in queens

queensinfoSeptember 1, 2011

Any experience with Windowrama (flushing or other locations). Any other recommended window companies that will sell/install? I have 3 bedroom windows, 1 LR, 1 DR, 1 Kitchen, 1 Bathroom, and 1 basement that i want to replace.

What are some recommendations for good windows? (no offense for the car owners) I don't want the kia of windows and dont need the lexus/mercedes/etc. of windows but do want to get something good as i will be in this house prob 7-10 years.

Help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skydawggy

Some of the better brands we are familiar with are made by Sunrise, Soft-lite, Okna, Gorell and Simonton. Most if not all should be available to you. If you are having trouble locating a dealer, go to the manufacturers websites and use the "find a dealer" feature. Good Luck.

Bookmark   September 1, 2011 at 3:11PM
windowsonwashington

+1

Solid advice from sky.

I only like one of the vinyl options listed on their page if that is what you are looking at.

Bookmark   September 6, 2011 at 8:53AM
queensinfo

Thanks. They have suggested united brand windows. Windowswashington, which one do you suggest (i am looking at vinyl). I asked for a comparative price on the simonton vinyl as well.

Bookmark   September 6, 2011 at 12:50PM
windowsonwashington

Gorell, HiMark, Soft-Lite, Sunrise

Bookmark   September 6, 2011 at 1:47PM
queensinfo

windows washington- Any specific reason you left off Okna and simonton? Do you just think the 4 you mentioned are better? I am getting a quote from another place that is a Gorell dealer and also sells Okna. I am going to price those and compare to the Simonton quote (you also left off simontim from some of the other recommendations). Gorell was roughly quoted at about 100 more per window than Okna (400 series I think).

Bookmark   September 9, 2011 at 10:11AM
windowsonwashington

I don't think that the Simonton is in the same class as those listed and Okna is changing their name to HiMark very soon.

Bookmark   September 9, 2011 at 10:49AM
queensinfo

Thanks...i really appreciate the assistance on here. For someone that knows nothing about windows, it really helps to gain a little knowledge so we don't get taken for a ride.

Bookmark   September 9, 2011 at 11:46AM
More Discussions
Feedback / sanity check on Marvin & Kolbe quotes
So I got my rough quotes from a local Marvin Design...
aptosca
Simonton 5500 v. Soft-Lite Pro (replacement and new )
Hi, We are remodeling our house in Washington DC. We...
amy2905
Best garden window?
I am remodeling our galley kitchen. It's small and...
shadey
Replacement and New Coastal Impact Windows
We are doing major renovation on a waterfront home...
roenie
Fiberglass Windows from Hardie????
We need to replace 3 windows in our family room. ...
dancingqueengw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™