What's the worst wiring you have seen?
I just bought a house, and have found the living room ceiling fan has an unswitched hot wire going to it, and the neutral is switched, and is connected to another circuit. Also, while the wiring is newer (within 10 years) all 3 bedrooms had the lights and outlets on the same circuit, which also had the bathroom light and outlet, hall light, porch light, kitchen and dining room light, and living room light. Also I have seen a dryer line that started out as copper, and was spliced directly to aluminum.... lots of corrosion on that junction. Needless to say, my electrician will be busy. I was just wondering what are the worst wiring mistakes you have seen ?