Help in select French Doors for Patio

salasadiMay 30, 2013

Hello Guys,
I am new member but OLD reader :)
I have cheapy slides doors in my porch area. I would like to replace it with better quality french door. I got quote from Pella Architect for 2 fix doors and 2 out siwng doors, double glas with argon gas, mutipoint locks. the quote was about $9k (without installation). I shopped around and found a local suppliers that highly recommand a fiberglass over wood/clad and gave me a company (Neuma Doors) and he said they are far better than Pella in quality doors and ca resist Florida weather. the price about $4k less (installed).
I appreciate any opinion regarding this company and its quality doors.
thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

You might post this in the window forum as there are more people there who can offer advice on this topic (myself included). However you need to help us to help you which means provide a little more detail other than just Pella, what your looking to accomplish with these doors? What material you would like to use, ie how the finished product will look? Do you want wood interior, aluminum clad or fiberglass exterior? Vinyl?

Bookmark   May 31, 2013 at 9:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Holly- Kay

DH and I installed to Pella french outswing doors several years ago. They also have blinds between the glass. They are clad on the outside but we opted for unfinished on the inside so we could more closely match our existing stain. Installation by professional installers was a nightmare. We couldn't lock the doors at all. The worst of our issues was Pella's non customer service. It took probably eight months or more for them to finally resolve all issues. It was so frustrating and also unsafe to not be able to lock our doors.
Our house is extremely square so that wasn't the problem. We are pleased though with the appearance and now that they lock we like them.

We want to do a triple door on the front of our home with one stationary door and two out swing doors but hubby said there is no way we will do Pella again not even if they were free. I will be looking for a different door manufacturer as soon as my kitchen/dining/living room project is finished.

Good luck with your quest for the perfect door for you!

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 9:46AM
More Discussions
newbie veneer terminology question
My house has hollow slab doors veneered with luaun...
Fori is not pleased
protecting black walnut salt and pepper mill
Hi all, Just got a set of gorgeous discontinued William...
frodiggs
Need help matching wood stain color
The molding in our kitchen was not completed when we...
candeelyn
Need help with staining alder cabinets
Can someone share with me the right way to stain the...
aktillery9
Fence building Question
I'm building a board on board redwood fence. 1 x 8...
waynebo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™