How long do Pella wood windows last?

letter100September 15, 2009

We have all original Pella casement windows in our 26 year old house, wood inside and outside. They are in good shape, no leaking, just some condensation inside some windows on the bottom in the winter. They are double pane, but with no gas in between. How long might these windows last before needing to be replaced?

We will be adding a new window to the kitchen, on the front of the house, close to another window. Should we get this new window also with wood inside and outside to match our existing windows or aluminuam EnduraClad outside?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
afsa

There is no drop dead date on when windows will become unusable. As long as the finish is maintained and the hardware lubricated and kept clean on a regular basis, there is no reason they cannot perform satisfactorily for 50 yeas

Bookmark   September 18, 2009 at 9:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mary0001_consumer

If they are anything like a door I have had less than 4 years old and is deteriorating, I would not chance getting a newer Pella window. The workmanship is to say the less sub standard and they will not provide any customer service once problems start to set in.

Bookmark   September 22, 2009 at 7:31PM
More Discussions
Looking for recomendations re: replacing sliding patio doors in MN
As the title says, I'm researching replacement our...
billpw
Simonton 5500 v. Soft-Lite Pro (replacement and new )
Hi, We are remodeling our house in Washington DC. We...
amy2905
Replacement and New Coastal Impact Windows
We are doing major renovation on a waterfront home...
roenie
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
happyallison
Deciding between Marvin, Pella, Anderson, and Lincoln
We are adding a small addition to our home, and at...
juddgirl2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™