New Windows for Home in CA - Milgard, Simonton, Superior

arazaviSeptember 16, 2009

Hi,

I am in the process of figuring out which windows to get for my home in Southern California. We have about 35 windows and 4 doors we will be changing. 3 large sliding glass doors, and one single hinged in swing door. After doing some browsing of the various manufacturers locally available, and getting some numbers, it looks like the price is about the same if I go with nail on windows with the Milgard Tuscany, Simonton Impression 7500, or Superior Ultima windows. As far as the warranty goes, they are also all about equal. I would be getting them all with the LOW E and Aargon gas.

As far as application goes, the biggest factor is high speed Santa Ana winds and heat. For the doors, ease of operation is key.

Any thoughts from homeowners, installers, or retailers who have had experience with these products? I am not certain if the features are the same, though they did seem so on paper.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arazavi

Here are the quotes I have received thus far for 6 windows, 1 sliding glass door, and 1 single french door:

Simonton 7300 - $4050.94 -- Intercept spacer, Low E 366 + Argon $200 more for the intercept spacer
Simonton 7500 - $4225.60 -- Intercept spacer, Low E 366 + Argon $200 more for the intercept spacer
Superior Ultima - $4788.32 - Clear LowE 366 + Argon
Milgard Tuscany - $4932.28 -- Sun Coat Max

Due to the setback on the Simonton being 1 3/8" I will likely not go with them. I am leaning on the Superior Ultima line.

Bookmark   September 22, 2009 at 9:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdavis_2009

The Superior Ultima vinyl window is very nice for the money. Superior Ultima vinyl windows come standard with the lowe366. Add argon gas and they qualify for the $1,500 tax credit for homeowners. Superior has a lifetime warranty with glass breakage. Superior has two lines of vinyl windows. Superior Ultima and Superior Deluxe. Superior makes some of the best swing French vinyl doors.

Bookmark   September 24, 2009 at 11:04PM
More Discussions
Pros please help differentiate between two window manufacturers...
Hello, we are the midst of a new construction build...
rebph
incorporating old leaded glass in new casement windows
We own a home with large leaded glass windows (21)...
prospect
Modern Windows
Can anyone suggest an affordable modern window? Thanks!...
shorty
Best Window for Seasonal Cabin
I am building a small cabin in northeast Wisconsin...
mjlambert08
Remove window film immediately?
My contractor has been installing my new Anderson Woodwright...
keys
Sponsored Products
Fleur de Lis Iron Mail Slot
Signature Hardware
Drake Dark Brown Leather Bench
Overstock.com
Area Rug: Shag-a-liscious Black 5' x 5'
Home Depot
Zuo Modern Boutique Office Chair in Black
Beyond Stores
Souk Gallery-Wrapped Canvas
$79.99 | zulily