Breaker/gcf in Kitchen blown

snowleopardMarch 5, 2013

My husband was running the toaster, coffee maker, microwave, kitchen light, and mini fridge all were on when the circuit blew. The toaster and coffee maker are plugged into what we assume is a gcf plug, however it looks like it has been painted over at some point (we just bought the house). My husband tried reseting from the circuit breaker box with not response, even reset main power to all. Upon pushing all the buttons on the GCF plug nothing happens and the power is still out. Any idea how we can remedy this? My husband is not a handy man and I have minimal knowledge on electrical stuff. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

If you're not experienced with electrical work, you should leave it to a qualified professional.

Beyond that, was a breaker tripped in the service panel? If so, what happened when you husband reset the breaker?

The GFCI probably isn't resetting because it isn't getting power.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 10:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bus_driver

Paint over a receptacle GFCI could keep the buttons from functioning by limiting their movement, at the very least.
Get some expert onsite help. In order to gain expertise, watch what they do very carefully.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 7:37AM
More Discussions
Lights Flickering...
We paid an electrician to put in a ceiling light in...
regina_phalange
Crawl Space Junction Boxes: inspection and capping
Hello. I'm in the process of crawl space improvement....
SparklingWater
Help with 240V 50A location
I'm trying to do a challenging kitchen layout. I will...
12crumbles
Too much load for circuit?
I have 200 amp service to the main panel (which has...
zver11
electrical outlet distance to radiator
how far from a radiator should a wall electrical outlet...
amsayan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™