White siding, ______ shutters, ______door!

dixiedoAugust 9, 2011

Suggestions?

We currently have a very "popular" color scheme that I like, but after 10 years wouldn't mind changing up. Interested in what you guys have to suggest, and also interested in how many will suggest what we already have LOL!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lyban

Photos would help.....

Bookmark   August 9, 2011 at 4:50PM
DLM2000

Need photos or at the very least clues as to the type of house.

Bookmark   August 9, 2011 at 5:03PM
dixiedo

Traditional... don't want to post photos of my home. Just looking for general color combination ideas.

Bookmark   August 9, 2011 at 7:07PM
mellyc123

What color is your roof?

Drive around and look for similar room colors with paint colors you like. I like light gray with white trim and a black door.

Bookmark   August 9, 2011 at 7:49PM
teapot100

70s ranch - white siding, blue shutters and orange door! Next colour might be a berry red for the door in a few years. Problem for me is that we have a storm door that messes up my front-door look and DH does not want it removed!

Bookmark   August 9, 2011 at 10:48PM
emagineer

I agree, drive around and look at home colors. My house is white shingle style with black shutters (previous owner). Am ready for a change and like a green teal seen for shutters/door.

Teapot, same issue here with storm door. The storm is a really nice one that looks like a french door, but hides my great entry door. Maybe we should switch out and have storm inside/entry outside. That would make people look. Wonder if they make anything like this...we could be a first for weird.

Bookmark   August 10, 2011 at 10:56AM
dixiedo

Yeah... not too much inspiration 'round these parts. Every 2 story traditional white house around here has the same color scheme as mine (black shutters, red door), and it isn't inspiring me anymore. May do black/black....

Bookmark   August 10, 2011 at 11:30AM
katrina_ellen

I have a ranch with white siding, SW camelback shutters which is a warm carmel tan and I am getting ready to paint my door SW riverway - a darker warm blue. My roof is a warm brown.

Bookmark   August 10, 2011 at 12:48PM
lindac

Black-ish green shutters and elephant gray door...with lots of brass....and pots of gold mums and daffodils in the spring and marigolds or rudbekia in the summer.
Linda C

Bookmark   August 10, 2011 at 12:54PM
ellendi

Black shutters, white door. (My house!:))

Bookmark   August 10, 2011 at 9:12PM
kimiko232

I'm weird. I like classic. Bright red *shiny* door (FPE in brilliant). Black shutters. Actually, I'm dying for that. We have a darker red door (BM brick red) with darker red shutters (brown window and trim in BM wood grain brown with brownish and redish beige brick). I always admire the starkness of the black and white in our neighborhood. I seriously want a bright red door. Or, I guess... black shutters and a dark green door would be another option for me. I guess I'm more boring than I thought. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: What a red door symoblizes. :)

Bookmark   August 11, 2011 at 1:10AM
graywings123

Go to all of the paint stores in town and pick up the brochures on exterior paints. They have some great combinations.

How about this:

White house, black shutters, purple door.

Bookmark   August 11, 2011 at 7:59AM
teacats

Let's see:

a)White house, dark rich blue shutters, bright shingy yellow door -- with black door knocker.

b)White house, black shutters, lipstick red shiny door with bright silver knocker.

c)White house, dark greeny-black (sometimes called Charleston Green) shutters, darkest claret red door with bright brass knocker.

d)White house, black shutters, dark orange door with black knocker.

e)White house, dark eggplant shutters, dark pink door with shiny silver knocker.

f)White house, dark brown shutters, lime green door with ORB knocker.

Just to name a few ..... LOL!

Bookmark   August 11, 2011 at 6:31PM
teacats

Forgot one or two:

g)White house, Dark gray shutters with darker yellow door with silver knocker.

h)White house, dark blue shutters with silvery gray door with silver knocker.

LOL! :)

Bookmark   August 11, 2011 at 6:35PM
dixiedo

Love the suggestions Teacats =) Right now we are at "B".... I am really interested in considering "C" or Graywaings suggestion of a purple door. Hmmmm......

Bookmark   August 12, 2011 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
WWYD- Question regarding fireplace
We would like to update the look of our fireplace and...
Snbtwins
Annie D. & others -- Should I say goodbye to my crystal chandelier?
I'm redecorating my dining room and am doing British...
valpogal47
HGTV Fixer Upper show
I have been reading in blog land about HGTV's new show...
ratherbesewing
Help me find a powder room paint color
My painter is here fixing another problem (sheetrock,...
tfitz1006
If I have two large rugs in a room how different should they be?
In the living room, I already have one 9 x 13 rug and...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™