Yes, another mirror (WIP)

texasfernSeptember 10, 2009

This is the last one of those wall plant holder thingys I got at GW a while back.

I'm gonig for a "shabby chic" kinda thing. Between this and the crash glass, I like the cg better, but hey! What the heck.

I am planning to grout in a royal blue.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
squirrellycanadian

Very nice! Love the china, some people aren't fans of shabby chic, but I love it! Blue grout eh, I'm never that brave, black or white for me! Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Bookmark   September 10, 2009 at 11:20PM
katishooked

Beautiful. This is going to be a beauty when you get it done. Can't wait to see it.

Kat

Bookmark   September 11, 2009 at 6:30AM
mzclassic

You Go Girl! That is really gonna be pretty with the blue grout too. TFS

Donna in Florida

Bookmark   September 11, 2009 at 7:26AM
gardencrone

Texas....It's going to be stunning. I have never seen "gems" that color and they match perfectly with the plates. I love how you cut the plates...I am learning so much just by looking at photos. My husband has a tile cutting saw and I am going to try to use that to cut some plates since I can't buy a ring saw right now. I notice that you glued right onto the MDF. Have you ever had problems with silicone sticking to that background? I bought a kit and used the GEII silicone instead of the glue they included but until I grouted, it seemed a little "wiggly"..(professional grouting term...lol). I hope you will include photos once the blue grout is on...should look amazing.

Bookmark   September 11, 2009 at 8:03AM
texasfern

Thanks ya'll.
I changed it up a bit, will post pics later.
Squirelly, I'm not a big fan of shabby chic for myself, but I like to do it. I think what appeals to me is the "puzzle" feel of it.
Gardencrone, I used Weldbond as adhiesive. The substrate (oh, how technical of me!) is wood. I tend to do direct, screw-it-up-as-you-go-method.
Not long ago someone posted a pic of colored grout, if you can remember please let me know.
I have colored before with acrylic paints, but I want a deeper, richer color for this.
I will buy it if I have too, so suggestions will be appreciated.

Bookmark   September 11, 2009 at 10:28AM
silvamae

I love that color. I am the same way, I don't decorate with shabby chic but I love to do it! How funny. Can't wait to see what it looks like grouted.

Bookmark   September 11, 2009 at 10:59AM
More Discussions
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™