Ribbon WIP

katishookedSeptember 3, 2008

Finished the letters today. Suggestions for fill in would be a help. I have toyed with lavender. But am having a block or senior moment or something. Right now just have the mat backing behind glass.

Kathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mermaidmosaics

Kathy, I really like how your words POP off the page. I'll let one of the great ones give you an idea on grout color. LOL, but this turned out great, good cutting.

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 5:59PM
katishooked

Should I do a background in glass before grouting? What color would go with pink. As far as gaouting color, I like black, but not sure on this one.

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 8:20PM
daisyme

I just want you to know that I read your post and wish I felt confident enough to give you a studied opinion. But given that, I would think black would be striking and not overwelming or take away from the thought at all. It would really make the letters stand out beautifully.

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 8:34PM
Calamity_J

LOVELY so far!!! So is this a GOG? I like it with the black background, it Really stands out!!

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 10:39PM
terikat_mom

I really like your mosaic. I like the shape of the letters and the message is awesome also. How about a dark blue background. I have seen some that is almost black that might look nice.

Bookmark   September 4, 2008 at 12:19AM
cindiloo

How pretty! A white background (irridescent maybe?) with black grout would look really cool! The possibilities are endless, you'll take out your glass, lay it next to it, study it and you'll find the perfect combo.

Bookmark   September 4, 2008 at 12:35AM
texaswild

As it appears now on the black background, it's beautiful - good job w/lettering. Dark green is a good contrast to pink also.

Bookmark   September 4, 2008 at 8:36AM
More Discussions
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™