windows replacing terminology ....

ani_tAugust 6, 2011

my house hating bills are bout 500 + a month! this cant be what everyone pays- I know my windows seals are bad (Hinspector told me that) so what options do I have ?

these are mid eighties windows -black looking metal frames and no "border" around it. they just look like openings with glass in it. Even inside te hous there are no noldings. I am not sure what they call this style of windows,.

I read online about replaement, sah kit etc. not quite sure in understant-b becaue I cant tell what the parts are they are talking about on my windows. They look like nothing I see in those explanations online... If it helps the house has Pacific northwest architecture...


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If you heating bills are that high, windows are only a part of the problem and could be further down priority list than you think. Get a qualified individual to look at the home and see where the issues truly are.

    Bookmark   August 6, 2011 at 11:37PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Need Help with new window brands
We are early in the new home construction process (finalizing...
Feedback / sanity check on Marvin & Kolbe quotes
So I got my rough quotes from a local Marvin Design...
Softlite Elements windows quote reasonable?
We're in MA. We've been quoted $13,300 for installing...
Contractor introduced me to yet another window, Vi Win Tech windows???
A building contractor we are using for a garage guesthouse...
Replacement and New Coastal Impact Windows
We are doing major renovation on a waterfront home...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™